nero burning cd equalizer
Mar 25, 2003 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

a1leyez0nm3

1000+ Head-Fier
you can eq a cd when you burn it through Nero. just right click on the tracks before you burn them and go to filters... kinda nifty

Mar 27, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 7
Cool... Didn't know that...

I can probably see for myself when I get home, but for those of us without Nero (or for those like me, who are just that little bit curious and are at work, so can't check)... what kind of options does it have?

Thanks

Mar 27, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 7
I have used these filters to normalize the levels, but I wouldn't think you would want to get too carried away with equalizing a CD, after all, its supposed to be as true to the original as possible. Way back in the olden days, I used to use Winamp Diskwriter to convert mp3 to wav's, then burn them, and on a few I left the equalizer on. Not the best sounding CD's I ever heard
mad.gif
Part of that was probably also the mp3 sources, but that has gotten much better since LAME came along!

This section (right clicking the tracks and choosing properties) is also where you can get rid of the dreaded 2 sec. delay, just put 0 sec. in there (not exactly straightforward, but it works).

Mar 28, 2003 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 7
speaking of nero, how do you normalize the volume when you're compiling a mix cd of tracks from diffrent sources?

Mar 28, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 7
umm
i dont know about the normalizing.. i never use that. i dont really like normalizing. i like to eq cds for my truck, which has a horrible amp in the deck.

Apr 9, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Whats up with the extra properties then
mad.gif

I'm using Nero version 5.5.10.15, and when using the equalizer, the 'burnproof' feature of the CDRW comes on (which doesn't normally happen), the cached data doesn't re-load into Nero, and Nero then just vanishes, no error reports, no nothing... just gone...

Instant coasters
mad.gif

Thats with any of the options, whether equalizer, normalizer... or whatever... yet with no options on, faultless burns...

What version are you guys using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back