NeoTech NES-3002: some of the very best cable I have ever heard
Nov 9, 2023 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pataburd

Headphoneus Supremus
Am running the NESY-3002 as RCA interconnect between the S.M.S.L. D400EX DAC and the S.M.S.L. SP400 THX headphone amplifier. I prefer the NES-3002 to the XLO Signature S3-2 running balanced between the S.M.S.L components. Some of the very best cable I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 10
Yep, the price is even reasonable.

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 10
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 10
What drove you to use this cable instead of the (very good) dedicated interconnect cables Neotech offers? For a similar price, NEI-3001 MKiii and Nemoi-1220 are both great options.

edit: whatever it is in that ebay link is not NES-3002. The actual NES-3002 is nearly an inch thick. This stuff is marked NESY-3002, has a different color jacket and is obviously way smaller. Not an expert, but I've used more than my fair share of Neotech products -- multiple varieties of power cords, interconnects, speaker and hookup wires. I've never heard of anything labeled "NESY" and it doesn't appear on anything besides this ebay ad, a bunch of Russian sites and Taobao. Looks like a counterfeit product -- I wouldn't trust anything else from that seller either (not to mention their prices on the hookup wire are more than double Audiophonics prices).

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 10
I contacted Neothech HQ and asked for prices on some of their cables:

- NEUB-3020-1 Neotech USB 2.0 cable, UP-OCC Copper, 1 metre - 1 piece: USD 72/PC;
- NEUB-1020-1 Neotech USB 2.0 cable, UP-OCC Silver, 1 metre - 1 piece: USD 136/PC;
- NEI-3004 XLR UP-OCC Series Interconnect, 1.5 - 2 Meters - a pair: USD 124/1.5M a pair; USD 136/2M a pair;
- NEI-3004 RCA UP-OCC Series Interconnect, 1.0 m - a pair, USD 96/pair;
- Grand Power Cable, 1.5 m (UC connectors) - 1 pc, USD 832/pc;
- NEP-3200 9 awg UP-OCC Power Cable, 1.5 m (US connectors) - 1 pc, USD 672/pc.

Nov 19, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 10
What drove you to use this cable instead of the (very good) dedicated interconnect cables Neotech offers? For a similar price, NEI-3001 MKiii and Nemoi-1220 are both great options.

edit: whatever it is in that ebay link is not NES-3002. The actual NES-3002 is nearly an inch thick. This stuff is marked NESY-3002, has a different color jacket and is obviously way smaller. Not an expert, but I've used more than my fair share of Neotech products -- multiple varieties of power cords, interconnects, speaker and hookup wires. I've never heard of anything labeled "NESY" and it doesn't appear on anything besides this ebay ad, a bunch of Russian sites and Taobao. Looks like a counterfeit product -- I wouldn't trust anything else from that seller either (not to mention their prices on the hookup wire are more than double Audiophonics prices).
Will contact vendor about the "NESY" cable--although this cable sounds truly excellent.
The hook-up wire is "legit", which I ordered through Parts Connexion.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 10
Contacted the eBay seller about the cable. Read response below:

"I am an official distributor of Neotech cables. They do not market this particular cable on their website for retail sale because it is only sold in bulk (spools). This is subwoofer cable that I adapt for making interconnects. If you cut the cable, you will see that the conductors are made from UP-OCC copper that is made exclusively by Neotech. I have all documentation from Neotech. This is 100% genuine. I did not advertise or sell counterfeit cable."

I am listening to this cable now and it sounds exceptional, some of the very best I have ever heard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back