Nelson Mandela 1918-2013 RIP
Dec 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 8
"It is an ideal for which I am prepared to die"

South African President Nelson Mandela - Peace .

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 8
A very sad day in South Africa and indeed the world. We have lost a truly great man and human being. Rest in peace Nelson Mandela.

I still fondly remember in 1993, as a 13 year old youngster, meeting him at our church, shook his hand and the time he spent with us that day. I grew up in an area that one could consider as one of the bastions of the Apartheid government and to me it was amazing that someone who suffered so much at the hands of an oppressive government would engage and meet it head on with love and reconciliation.

His deep love for his people and country and vision for an equal and democratic South Africa and indeed for the world is something that has always deeply touched me and made him a truly remarkable man. May his legacy live on long in human memory.

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by daerron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it was amazing that someone who suffered so much at the hands of an oppressive government would engage and meet it head on with love and reconciliation.

To me that is a true sign of ''greatness''. Also his sense (and fight) for justice and equality is more than admirable. Rest in peace good man.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 8
A Tribute To Nelson Mandela performed by solist Kimmy Skota, André Rieu and Johann Strauss Orchestra.
Recorded Live in Wembley Arena on December 7 2013.

My African Dream ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back