Needs help getting first headphones
Oct 19, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 19
The sennheiser hd497 is about 69 or maybe you can find it lower if you bargain or something...
The grado sr-60 is nice too.. but they leak quite alot from what I gather..
The sony V6 is still not out of question.. they are readily available under $100 I think.

Koss Ksc-35 or Ksc-50(same drivers) are great under $30 headphone, just incase you might like them. They are clip -ons.

Oct 19, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 19
Well, so now Senns HD-497 is in the running too it seems
biggrin.gif

I'm still not very sure on Sony V6 .. I heard some bad things about sony's headphones, especially on the part where they tend to boom up the bass very much, something I wouldn't like that much.

No clip-ons or ear-plugs for me, sadly. My ears aren't made for those it seems..

Oct 21, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #19 of 19
I have an iriver slimX and a porta pro (which I bought cause I couldn't wait for the ksc35 I ordered)...

So far I'm quite impressed with the sound, I've upped from the MX500 and yeah, there's so much more detail on these things. Make sure you play around with the equalizer though, because there's too much bass otherwise... It's quite easily driven too, even at 60 ohms.

I was about to buy the HD497 (great sound out of the irivers), driven easily, but a bit big, so if you use it on the move... it might be a consideration). Better sound stage than the porta pro, the portas are a bit more in your face... But damned clear sound.

I think either way, you'll be happy with the purchase though, they're quite a big jump from the mx500s (which I thought were quite good!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back