Needing a pair of headphones for office use
Jan 8, 2016 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BoredomIncanate

New Head-Fier
I've currently been packing my mdr7506's to and from work. I want a pair to use just at work. I have a budget of < $200. 
I'm a programmer and need to be able to wear these headphones for hours at a time, so comfort is very important.
I don't own an amp either.

Any ideas?

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm very new to the audio game, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I own a pair of AKG K7xx (Massdrop version of one the K-series) and the pads seem very soft against my ears and heads. These guys go for 199 on Massdrop if you are able to catch the deal (which happens quite often as these things sell like hot cakes on there).

To be honest, I haven't sat through long session with these on before. The longest would be 2-3 hours of gaming/music. You might feel a light clamp from these at first, but they tend to ease up a bit over time. As many seem to also point out, these headphones need lots of hours of burn-in to get the desired audio quality.

These cans are open back though, so you can't blast music if there are people around you.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck finding your headphones!

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi, maybe a pair of Sennheiser momentums first editions on ear or over ear. Should fall within your price range. Very well made with great comfort. Don't need to amped. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back