Needing a DAC/Expresscard SC
Dec 25, 2009 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

playingwithfire

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, been lurking for a bit lately and haven't been posting. I got a problem here that you guys can hopefully help me with. I just recently got a new laptop. All the hard specs like CPU, Ram ect are great for the price I got it at($429 for a Core 2 Duo T6600, 4GB ram, 320GB HD, Geforce integrated laptop is hard to beat...right?) But it doesn't seem that this computer was that well put together and I'm getting horribly annoying noises everytime the computer is doing something(reading a CD, opening a program, I think it had something to do with either the HD or the CPU. Circuit problem?) that's relatively taxing and there are even some faint noises when it's just sitting there on the desktop not doing a thing. I guess having the super resolving RE0 doesn't help. But as any RE0 owner will tell you, it's hard to go back to less detailed phones after the RE0.

So there are 2 things I see that I can do.

1)get an express card audio card since I have express 32 interface.
2)get a USB DAC

getting the express card would be infinitely easier on the convenience factor so everything else being equal I'd rather go for that option. But I'm just wondering if either method would eliminate the hissing that I assume exist because of bad isolation job inside the computer and maybe help drive my RE0 better? If so, what would you guys recommend?

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 4
budget is about $100, please let me know, thanks

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 4
nobody can recommend anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back