Needed -Source with BAL OUT max budget 200 Euro' s
Jul 16, 2017 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HeadFierUsername2022

Previously known as blckmag
Hello,

I would need a source for my DAC (SH is great, no need for brand sparking new) .
From my PC I can' t stream the 192 files (bec. of usb limitations) , and I miss some songs.
It can be a CD player or a turntable.
I am not a head- fi gear know- how' er so please have some patience with me.

L.E. :
Found the Denon DN-300Z MKII and Marantz PMD-326C. They kind of seem the same.
Denon I see has Bluetooth which could be nice (wireless) .
Anyone had any experience with any of them?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 7
What dac do you have?

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Not for sure why USB doesn't work for you? I have no experience with the V800 but it has many digital inputs. Why is it that USB can't stream? The only balanced input is AES and that can't be had on a turntable without converters and only from a usd turntable. There are some CD players with that output also but I'm not the one to ask as a google search would be all I would do. You can find others with coax and optical spdif outputs .

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 7
Not for sure why USB doesn't work for you? I have no experience with the V800 but it has many digital inputs. Why is it that USB can't stream? The only balanced input is AES and that can't be had on a turntable without converters and only from a usd turntable. There are some CD players with that output also but I'm not the one to ask as a google search would be all I would do. You can find others with coax and optical spdif outputs .

Hello,

Thanks for your time and replies.
It keeps giving me Bluescreen (rig problem) .
Direct sound is the onboard card.
I use Foobar 2000 and when I select from the output the AIO VIO800 it crashes.
I have to use Vio 4ALL, but when I use this, I get scratching noise and other stuff in the 96+ songs.
I thought that maybe is a cable/ input issue.

Thanks again!

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 7
You need to make sure you disable the onboard sound as that can cause problems. You might have to do it bios on some computers.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Hello,

First thing I tried when I first got the bluescreen. My laptop doesn' t have this option.
Uninstalled the driver and disabled the device. Keeps reinstalling. Plus, I have on the onboard aux my speakers.

So there' s no chace of out from laptop with aux rca, into source (cd player?? ) , out from source balanced and into DAC?
I Know it' s redundant, but i need 10 m of cables to power the headphone amp (far away from the laptop) .

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back