NEEDED: new 'phones
Jun 7, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #16 of 18
Going from SJ5 to AD900 is really gonna wow you my friend. I hope you enjoy them when they arrive.
cool.gif

I have the Bithead and it sounds nice, but there are better alternatives out there. They're not portable though, you really don't need an amp while on the go using $100 IEMs though so that's up to you to decide. If you really do want it portably I think Bithead's the way to go.

Here are a few good alternatives.

M-Audio Audiophile USB

E-MU 0404 <--- Some members have actually retired with this source/amp and HD650s, I like it very much... killer DAC.

E-MU 0202<--- Cheaper but measures almost as well as 0404 on RMAA

I'm not sure how well documented these sources are here but there plenty of info and graphs/measurements over at Hydrogenaudio for you to look at.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 18
I'm intrigued by the E-MU 0404... But it can't be powered through the USB connection
frown.gif
How power-hungry is it? I don't want to waste a fortune on batteries, lol!

But I'm pretty sure I'll get the Total Bithead if it's still on sale next week. Aah, the anticipation!

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm intrigued by the E-MU 0404... But it can't be powered through the USB connection
frown.gif
How power-hungry is it? I don't want to waste a fortune on batteries, lol!

But I'm pretty sure I'll get the Total Bithead if it's still on sale next week. Aah, the anticipation!

Yeah, the 0404 is great, 20Hz-20kHz +0.06/-0.035dB, that's dead neutral.
cool.gif

It uses an AC adapter as shown in this pic.

The 0202 is fully USB powered though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back