Needed : Guide to make an impulse file for convolver in FOOBAR, Anyone?
Mar 11, 2005 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kunwar

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Would anyone care to write a little guide to making an impulse file for convolver. It can be useful somtimes, If you know what I mean.
So would anyone like to write a little guide including a little info on which programs to use.
It would be useful with foobar and would make it even more useful to all of us PC users.
Kunwar

Mar 11, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 5
MATLAB is a great program that can do what you want. Don't know if you have access or want to pay for it. Call me jerk but I don't want to spend the time to write a guide
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Just use TotalRecorder to record the file you play through Foobar, Edit the resulting wav file to cut out all the noise. Then just run the convolver and load the program.

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Never got it to work myself. Using Adobe Aidition, creating silence but changing one point, applying effects to it. Never came out right in foobar. I tried at different frequency rates.

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 5
I do have the latest version of matlab but my usage of matlab is as an analysis tool for figures and networking models. DSp and related topics are not on my list of things learnt. If you could help out here I can then go ahead and make various impulse files and load them up here.

BTW, correct me if I am wrong but an impulse file would essentially add a certain signal at a certain frequency, correct? Therefore every song that I play will have the impulse signal being superimposed onto the output, right? Just a little confused here that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back