Need your help with choosing new IEM
Sep 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Parkinson

Head-Fier
Hi.
first of all, sorry for my poor English and for my lack of knowledge in the terms.
now:
I want to buy a pair of IEM for my girlfriend.
The quality is important, but not as the comfort.
I know that there are earphones which can be size-adjusted by squeezing the material surrounding the monitor itself, i think she will rather thing like these.
She likes to listen to many kinds of music, like jazz, metal, hip-hop, rap...

Basically, im a little short in money so im going to spend about 35$.
i dont know what is affordable with this amount of money and this is why i need you.

thanks in advance

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 10
JVC Marshmallows and Koss Plugs have that foam material that you squeeze to fit, both of those options would be well under your price limit...

There are others that probably sound better for that price (Apple dual drivers), but if that aspect of the fit appeals to you/her, they are probably good options...

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 10
When you say Koss Plugs, you mean "Koss Spark Plug" or "Koss The Plug" ?
What is the difference between those two ?

And where can i find the Koss's and JVC's models ? (i need to order them to Israel)

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 10
I'm sorry, but Koss Plugs are absolute garbage. They work only as earplugs. I'll agree that Soundmagic PL30s are both extremely comfortable and very good-sounding. They come with about 10 sets of different tips, including squishy foam ones.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 10
JVC Marshmallows, well let's just say I used to have them, I burned them in and did the Kramer mod and I bought them for $10 to compare with my NE-7m. The end result, they had lots of bass but bloated and it lacked everything else, when compared to the NE-7m. I think I threw them out a few months ago, or they disappeared lol.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 10
ok so i guess my best choise is the Soundmagic PL30, that will provide very good sound while being very comfy ?

And please please please tell me...there are other stores like head-direct that has this model and will send it to Israel ?

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok so i guess my best choise is the Soundmagic PL30, that will provide very good sound while being very comfy ?

And please please please tell me...there are other stores like head-direct that has this model and will send it to Israel ?

Check if mp4nation.net, dealperfect.com, or focalprice.com ship to israel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back