Need your Help please... S4 or turbines?
Mar 18, 2010 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

neil210

New Head-Fier
Im having trouble deciding which ones to get.... They are both in my price range and both very well reviewed..I listen to alot of hip hop so bass is key but everything else has to be clear too.....
Note: original turbines not gold or copper

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I have owned both and find the S4 is a bit more open sounding with more treble and midrange but often in a sibilant fashion. The Turbines have huge bass that goes away when not present in the song, the midrange is a bit veiled, and the treble is not extended very deep but is also never sibilant, the sound stage of the Turbines is extremely small though almost claustorphobicly so for me. I have since moved on from both but only after I started playing with fullsize headphones and got spoiled by a large sound stage.

My recommendation would be the Turbines ultimately though for your genre plus your desire for clear sound.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned both and find the S4 is a bit more open sounding with more treble and midrange but often in a sibilant fashion. The Turbines have huge bass that goes away when not present in the song, the midrange is a bit veiled, and the treble is not extended very deep but is also never sibilant, the sound stage of the Turbines is extremely small though almost claustorphobicly so for me. I have since moved on from both but only after I started playing with fullsize headphones and got spoiled by a large sound stage.

My recommendation would be the Turbines ultimately though for your genre plus your desire for clear sound.

Ok thanks.... Do on ears have better sound quality than iems? If so are hd555 good or d2000 for bass and hiphop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back