Need your advise for a headphone for iPhone
Nov 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

muratdeveli

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I just found that amazing board while surfing web for some decent headphone reviews.
Well, you know the thing, when you check the reviews of "everybody" you may get some false positives! I have read hundreds of reviews telling that how nice sounding their 2-3 usd headphones! Just check the dealextreme web site and you may find several positive reviews about the terrible garbage earphones.

Now, here is my reason for this topic :)

I am not an audiophile .. However i really like music and try to listen as much as possible. I will be using my iphone as the source during the whole business day. On the road, at the office, at the car, at home before sleeping etc.
I mostly listen piano jazz, acoustic guitar, classical music etc. I am not into powerful bass however it maybe a good addon along with good mids and lows.

One of the most important issue is the compability with iphone controls. The headphone must have the controls on the cable. Another issue is the price tag offcourse. I am not willing to pay more than hundred bucks for this at the moment.
When i check the internet some options are like:

- Klipsch s4i (very popular)
- Sennheiser MM50i
- V-Moda Remix Remote
- V-Moda Vibe Duo
- Creative ep630i (good value?)
- Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 220vi (good value?)

I am open to new advises too.
Which one do you think will be a better choise for me considering the music types and usage times etc.?

I really need some advises from people who "cares" about the sound quality!

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 6
Well while checking out the board i also find out the Brainwavz M4 option. 
It seems that they will release a M4 version within a few weeks with a mic and controls compatible with iphone.

Now this sounds another good option at the preorder price of 59usd.. (if it is really as good as reviewers said so)

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 6
nobody ever tried these with an iphone??

Altough not receiving ny feedback for my above request :frowning2:  , here comes a second question...

As i will be using these IEMs mostly with iPhone, do you think buying a portable headphone amfi like E6 will also work for me?
Does that help the sound of iPhone built in player? If we use such an amphi, then will the mic and control buttons on headphone still work?

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #4 of 6
The Etymotic hf3 are stunning straight of the iPhone. You are bound for some serious eargasms with these (given the genres you like to listen to) 

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 6
Apple ADDIEMs, HF3, PFE112, PFE022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back