Need your advice on a transaction that went wrong
Apr 9, 2007 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hemos

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I shipped an iMod to Hong Kong using Canada Post Airmail with a tracking number a month ago. The package didn't show up in Hong Kong. I am worried and the buyer is too. Shipping to Hong Kong is covered by $100 warranty by Canada Post.

Now here is the thing, I know the buyer wants his money back. I would ask for the same thing in that situation. But on my side, I'll have to take a huge loss to cover him for his purchase. Canada Post is asking for a huge delay before sending me the insurance money. They want me to wait for about 3 months before they proceed my claim because they say that the package should arrive there anyday.

I want to know from exprienced sellers how to act in this situation. It never happened to me before and I want to give good service, but don't want to be down another $400.

Thanks for your time guys,
Max

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I think next time you should ask if he would like to pay for insurance, or accept the loss. At the very least warn him that you'll only refund half if the item is lost en route, as you shouldn't be solely responsible for what happens en route

Apr 9, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I shipped an iMod to Hong Kong using Canada Post Airmail with a tracking number a month ago. The package didn't show up in Hong Kong. I am worried and the buyer is too. Shipping to Hong Kong is covered by $100 warranty by Canada Post.

Now here is the thing, I know the buyer wants his money back. I would ask for the same thing in that situation. But on my side, I'll have to take a huge loss to cover him for his purchase. Canada Post is asking for a huge delay before sending me the insurance money. They want me to wait for about 3 months before they proceed my claim because they say that the package should arrive there anyday.

I want to know from exprienced sellers how to act in this situation. It never happened to me before and I want to give good service, but don't want to be down another $400.

Thanks for your time guys,
Max

is Canada Post saying that it's typical that it takes three months for something to make it overseas? take your tracking number to a manager, have it punched in, show it's lost in the Bermuda Triangle, and get your insurance cash post haste.

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 4
Well the manager I talked to said there is no delivery time frame for overseas packages shipped Airmail. They also said for a package to be lost "officially" it can take up to 3 months and they don't pay insurance until the package is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back