Need Wireless headphones for watching TV, suggestions?
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kayan

100+ Head-Fier
I'm asking for my mother-in-law, who will be purchasing them for her husband.

Quick precursor, my father-in-law is on home hospice and can never leave the house. The only thing that brings him a little enjoyment is watching TV programs. Usually he watches poker tournaments, fishing, sports broadcasts, the news, and a bunch of other random things. He's on oxygen 24/7 and needs something comfortable. He's roughly 6-8 feet away from his TV, which is a newer one with built-in Bluetooth.

My MiL would like something that is super simple to hook up, and I was thinking that maybe a BT set was the way to go? No kind of in-depth setup will work, as I am not close to them to hook them up, and neither of them are techie at all. I assume that he'd prefer over-ear, comfortable, and light. Noise cancelling is not a necessity. He wants to wear these over night, so she can get at least a little sleep, in the next room. Her budget is about 150, but I assume could be stretched a tad bit if something amazing was just a little bit more. The battery needs to last for at least 10+ hours.

Ideally these would either be available to be picked up at a local store, or shipped to a local store for pickup. That means they have Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart to choose from.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 2
I think a Plantronics Back Beat Pro 2 might work well for him. It has long-distance transmission capacity and a super-long battery life. It is quite comfortable in my opinion and is in your price range. It has noise canceling, but he doesn't have to use it. It sounds pretty good. There are others that are better, but they are mostly significantly more expensive. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back