Need warm IEM help
Jul 1, 2020 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

califmike33

Member of the Trade: DIY Modder
Hey guys looking for some help just bought a fiio M11 and I have the moondrop starfields I don't find the pairing to be good.

I find the sound too bright I'm looking for something more Lush and warm without overwhelming bass.

I got about $300 to spend so I'm looking for some recommendation for something Lush warm good vocals not shouty,.

I messed around with the EQ on the M11 I still can't get my moondrops to sound how I want on the M11.

All recommendations are welcome thank you.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 21
Hey guys looking for some help just bought a fiio M11 and I have the moondrop starfields I don't find the pairing to be good.

I find the sound too bright I'm looking for something more Lush and warm without overwhelming bass.

I got about $300 to spend so I'm looking for some recommendation for something Lush warm good vocals not shouty,.

I messed around with the EQ on the M11 I still can't get my moondrops to sound how I want on the M11.

All recommendations are welcome thank you.

So my favorite set to use with the M11 is the FiiO FH5's. I think they pretty much tick all the boxes you described. For me, at least. Great pairing!

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 21
Thank you for your recommendation I was considering that one you mentioned or the fa7 but when I read about the fa7 I think it's got like overwhelming bass which I don't want

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 21
Thank you for your recommendation I was considering that one you mentioned or the fa7 but when I read about the fa7 I think it's got like overwhelming bass which I don't want

The FH5's have fab vocal presentation without being shouty or overly sharp in the treble and the dynamic driver low end is just right. Nice and warm and not bassy at all. Pretty fast for a dynamic, too. My opinion of course, but i also use them balanced via the 4.4 Pentaconn port. Definitely a win.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 21
Thank you very much I appreciate the feedback sounds like a winner.

Sounds like it's all the things I'm looking for of course it is your opinion everybody's opinion varies everybody sound is different but I'm reading the same thing from other reviewers and stuff up about that particular IEM.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 21
I bought the starfields cuz I read good things about them I paired them with my lgv40 it sounded really good. Problem was the lgv40 sucks in my opinion as a daily phone it's great for playing music but as a phone I don't like it that's why I bought the fiio M11.

The starfields are kind of neutral but they don't sound good on the fiio they sound okay but they don't sound great far from great too bright for sure.

So definitely my front running choice is he fh5.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 21
Final Audio E3000
Azla Azel
Shozy Form 1.1
Sony XBA-A2
Blon Bl-03
Urbanfun ISS014
Shuoer Tape (Oratory1990 EQ Preset)

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 21
Jul 1, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 21
Jul 1, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 21
Just read the review on the fh5 the reviewer that I read love them but in a general consensus I'm finding that there are fit issues with that Iem. Complain is the nozzle too short and you have to go through a lot of tips to try to find a tip to keep it in your ear they tend to want to fall out of your ear.

Definitely still considering them does it mean that all have fit problems but it seems to be a general problem. I will continue to research your database.

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #15 of 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back