Need vinyls?
Apr 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 6
Holy crap, they are expensive. I thought people always talk about how abundant and dirt cheap vinyl is these days, but thats not what I've seen. I just got a very basic vinyl setup and have been looking for Tool LPs, the only ones I can find for a reasonable price are Undertow and Opiate. Lateralus is about ~$30, which I refuse to pay, and all the other ones I have seen selling for $400+. What gives?

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks. i'll shoot him an email and see if he has any Automatic Man. a headfier sent me some of their stuff... amazing. can't find it anywhere.

My bar is rite across the street from used Record store. if you want..I can drop a note with the owner this week just in case he ever finds any..it may help or may not help your search but hey why not try rite?

I am basically 50ft away from a Record store 7 days a week, when i go I leave my Wallet at the bar and only bring like $10 with cause I know what will happen if I bring my wallet. also when I come back I always make sure someone at the bar has something for me that needs to get done..changes my mind just in case I come back for more money...serious

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap, they are expensive. I thought people always talk about how abundant and dirt cheap vinyl is these days, but thats not what I've seen. I just got a very basic vinyl setup and have been looking for Tool LPs, the only ones I can find for a reasonable price are Undertow and Opiate. Lateralus is about ~$30, which I refuse to pay, and all the other ones I have seen selling for $400+. What gives?

Used vinyl is cheap. New sealed vinyl isn't cheap. Lateralus is I believe suppose to be a 2LP limited edition picture disc. I'm not really sure how limited it is since I see it everywhere. In any case, most 2LP sealed vinyl is $25+. If you find Lateralus used somewhere you could probably get it for under $20 I would think. Aenima is insanely expensive because its long out of print and everybody and their mother wants it.

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #6 of 6
dont bother with the lateralus picture discs, they sound horrible. fyi, i paid £50 ($100 odd) NEW from a record store for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back