need upgrade from sony v6.. $500 limit
Oct 11, 2009 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tin

New Head-Fier
hi, need an upgrade.... have the sony v6 and would like to spend about $500 or less on headphones ... i dont have an amp yet... most likely get one soon... listen to hip hip but enjoy some softer music ..

i find the v6 lacking some punch especially in the lows.. not a bass junky but i do enjoy it verrrry tight and deep yet controled. (like bass from a velodyne 15" high end sub...) dont care about if they are flat sounding but would like entire sound stage represented with vibrant clarity...

forgive my lack of knowledge about the correct terms to describe sounds.. im just starting..

also would like to mention im not into recabling(yet), i dont mind going used, wont have an amp till a few months from now, sound source is mostly from my small dell 12" laptop with an onboard sound card, not into heavy metal or rock music, and would like to see hear sounds coming from this upgrade to be worth the money i spend...

any advice for one that fits this bill

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 3
I honestly think that you will see more of an improvement spending 300 on headphones and then some 200 on a dac. But i could be wrong. From my personal experience i bought the Alo-780s (475) when i didn't have an amp or a dac and they were good but not great.

I would suggest getting some SR-80(i) for around a 100ish as they sound great unamped, while you save to buy a complete system. But again this is just my opinion and i am sure some knowledgeable people will suggest otherwise.

Also this is kind of hypocritical as i don't do this all the time but use the search feature it really helps

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 3
If you could get a used pair of HF-2's (open) or even ESW10PN (Closed - portable) and a syou mentioned, down the road get am amp or amp/DAC combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back