Need upgrad from A-500's
May 26, 2006 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stukovx

100+ Head-Fier
Hate what consumer forums do to me. So hard to have more than 200$ in my account nowadays. Anyway, I have been running a-500's for quite a while now and just got a pa2v2 for it. I was pretty satisfied with the sound until I found out(from here) that there are a lot better. To me, the a-500s sounded dull and the bass seemed overpowering. I am no audiophile like many here, but I do enjoy crisper sound.

I want a headphone that was close to if not more comfortable than my 500s. I would like the sound to be brighter, clearer, and not too heavy on the bass. I enjoy music with vocals and trance if that helps any. Max price I am willing to pay is 200.

Oh, it should pair well with my amp as well(don't want to have to upgrade my amp until a little further down the road
rolleyes.gif
)

May 26, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #7 of 8
My HD595s are comfortable. I'm waiting for delivery of a LDM+ amp to use with it and my HD280s.

However, the sound you described can be had from Grado cans, which are not known for their comfort. And, from what I've read here, the pa2v2 works well with Grado cans. If you can tolerate wearing them, I'm guessing you'd like the pa2v2 + Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back