need two suggestions, one for the motorcycle, one for the "best"
Mar 10, 2006 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jrussell6

100+ Head-Fier
so,, i need some advice, i've gotten some good advice via pm, but i wanna get it right the first time,
so,, i need a pair of cheep headphones which i can break the band off of and glue into my motorcycle helmet,,, small driver height is key,, and i tried a set of iem and two things didn't work,, i couldn't hear the semi coming up on my ass, and if they at all got dislodged it would become so annoying that i would have to pull over and reseat them. so if anyone has a suggestion on that one it would be great.

part deux,
so i recently bought a pair of mdr-sa3ks,, and have been loving them especially when listening to classical or jazz or buena vista, but when i went over to the hip hop,,, ?where's my bass? huh. so the dillemma, i love the separation, i can hear everything goin on,, but i really just need to get ok with the idea of 400 dollar headphones,,, so, in the under 400 price range,, can someone suggest a headphone with similar seperation, crystal clear everything but some decent bass... i was thinkin maybe 701s or sa5ks, and i've been told that i might find the senn's muddy, but i do need some more bass, any suggestions would be great.
ps,, i headroom micro stack(read:when i've got the cash) will soon enter the mix
thanks john

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 7
How about some Koss KSC75's? The clips are detachable, so it'll be easy just snap apart. ...you were wearing IEM's on a motorcycle??? Some head-fiers just go to insane risks to use their 'phones.
etysmile.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 7
so the jecklin floats.. thought about,, i've thought about everything i could do to my helmet,,, but i'm looking for something that my ins. company wouldn't be able to use againsnt me in the event of a crash that required years of physical training to be able to walk again..... i don't want to void any warranties, or ins rules about helmet use and coverage, yeah iems were great while they stayed in properly.
thanks for the suggestion on the koss's i might buy a pair and just to see. hey 20 bucks,, i'll try em

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:38 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6
so the jecklin floats.. thought about,, i've thought about everything i could do to my helmet,,, but i'm looking for something that my ins. company wouldn't be able to use againsnt me in the event of a crash that required years of physical training to be able to walk again..... i don't want to void any warranties, or ins rules about helmet use and coverage, yeah iems were great while they stayed in properly.
thanks for the suggestion on the koss's i might buy a pair and just to see. hey 20 bucks,, i'll try em

Just glue the drivers to the side of your helmet, and cover it with a layer of speaker cloth. No regulations broken, and you can always remove it if you need to.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 7
what sort of lid have you got? and what sort of bike? I'm surprised you can hear anything over the wind noise anyway!

I wear ear-plugs all the time when riding, so the IEM thing would probably work best for me.. it's interesting you've tried it and it hasn't worked.

That said, we have higher speed limits which I don't follow anyway and the screen doesn't do much on an RSV-R except channel the wind under the lid.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 7
wel sniks, it's not that they didn't work,, they did,,, but too well, I ride a triumph bonneville black but it hasn't gotten it's pipe upgrade yet,, (bubs) so they worked really well, but if any time i was slaming my head around to see who's behind me, and then turn around again the action of my helmet (icon alliance) and my phone cord, would twist or just slightly pull out of my ear,,, causeing a huge distraction,, which i'm not about. and when they did work, i couldn't hear anything else,, so i've taken to listening to just one untill i rip a pair of those koss's apart and glue em in jut like carl said,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back