Need to upgrade
May 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

bleho

Head-Fier
Hi, I've been lurking around for a bit and want to upgrade from my old Shure e2c's. They were alright, but I felt they didn't have enough bass for my liking.

I'd like to keep it under around $80ish so from what I've read these are some of the best for the price:
Fischer Audio Eterna, Fischer Audio Silver Bullet, Visang R02 and R03, Hippo VB and Hifiman RE0

I'm pretty new to this, so I don't really care about being neutral or analytical like the RE0, I just want a nice sounding fun iem.
I listen mostly to rock and indie rock and hip hop/rap and a little classical.

Thanks for any help in advance, I appreciate it!
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 14

Quote:

I'm pretty new to this, so I don't really care about being neutral or analytical like the RE0, I just want a nice sounding fun iem.

Then why you put them in your list :)

I think you have read up these threads, just in case...
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-63-iems-compared-yuin-ok1-added-05-03/0
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3

I never tried any which you have listed, but I think Eterna and Hippo VB is a good choice.

May 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 14
Lol I put the RE0 there since it's pretty prominent here.

I'm leaning towards the Eternas right now, yet I'm concerned about the new upgrade to them.
Would anyone know where to get the old ones in the US?

I was also wondering if it's worth the extra money to get them rather than the visang r02/brainwavz m1 since I'm noob anyways and might not be able to appreciate subtle differences.

May 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 14
I think Ethan Budgen (of @ethan961?) has Fischers:
http://www.fischeraudio.com/place.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was also wondering if it's worth the extra money to get them rather than the visang r02/brainwavz m1 since I'm noob anyways and might not be able to appreciate subtle differences.

If that's the case, choose one which you think would fit more comfortable or durable :)

May 20, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
I had a chance to listen to the SE420s, and found them to be relatively analytical with less bass than the Sony or Audio Technica IEMs. I'm sure you are correct, perhaps I should have been more specific
tongue.gif

Ah you should always try to give another phone to base your opinion off of; albeit I would have to agree with rawster; the Shure line isn't....analytical like some would describe it to be. Not saying they aren't detailed but you might want to state detail oriented phones as being RE0s, Etys, e-Q7s.... K701/2s DT880s as being analytical. (Although everyone isn't going to agree with me on this, you get the general idea). 

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #13 of 14
After further research, I've decided on either the Eternas, the HJE900, or the FX500.
Does anyone have any direct comparisons between the three or any comments on which I should get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back