need to substitute a BOSE
Apr 22, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 24
Well as in my sig I have the bose around ear, and I have yet to find ANY headphone which delivers that sound quality with barely any sound leakage. A headphone that sounds pretty good, and you can literilly use while sitting next to one without bothering her
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by drakoryn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so my friend seems to have this unconditional love to BOSE and i can't seem to convince him otherwise. He just loves the extremely boomy and muddy base that BOSE creates.

So yeah i know in most BOSE threads that i find in headphone forums, ppl would point to a list of much better quality headphones at a cheaper price. But my friend actually LIKES the sound that BOSE creates, so i'm trying to find for him a set of headphones that sound just as crap as BOSE (with the muddy bass etc) but at a cheaper price so he doesnt need to fork out a load of cash.

Any suggestions guys?
smily_headphones1.gif

skull candy.
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #19 of 24
There is no hope for some peeps, just accept that.

Bose are turd phones in the audiophile world and even if they were comfortable, which I'll admit they are really comfy, I'd never be caught dead wearing them.

I'm actually surprised they even sound as decent as they do from those little cups....although they don't have deep bass, just the typical 75-100hz type bass known with BOSE. It sounds good on many songs, but it's simply misleading.

Have him listen to the DT770's then.....have him hear real headphone bass.

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #21 of 24
Leave him be.

If he is happy with the sound and happy to pay the price then find more productive things to do with your time that trying to persuade him to buy different cans.

Simon

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 24
Some people actually think that Bose is the way music should sound. It sad what some poeple will accept. Like when I try to talk money with my wife.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #23 of 24
If someone truly likes the way Bose products sound, who's to say that they are 'wrong'? The OP did get his friend to try a 'better' set of cans but for him, they weren't (better).

Let the guy buy his Bose headphones and be happy with them, and focus your concerns on making YOU happy.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #24 of 24
even though we think bose sounds bad, some ppl think they don't. you have to remember that sound is a preference, some people like the sound produced by AKG, others by Sennheiser. all these headphones have stronger points than the other.

sound is purely preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back