Need to replace my lost IEMs
Oct 31, 2016 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hamshu

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I haven't posted here in forever, but after my last flight to India, I lost my IEMs on my Luftansa flight, which gives me an excuse to buy a new pair of IEMs! My budget is sitting around $800 but can go up to $1000. I have owned Shure 215s, Heir Audio IEM 5.0, Shure 535s, Westone W3Cs, Westone UM3X, and Etymotic ER-4Ps. I'll primarily be driving these through a Fiio F12A from my Macbook and Galaxy Note 5. Out of everything I've owned, the Shure 535s were my favorite. My music is a pretty big mix, hip hop, alternative rock, classical, synthwave and classic rock are my current most played on Google music. Comfort and Isolation are two big factors for me, as well as ease of taking them out. I will usually wear these on flights and in my office, where I have frequent meetings and need to be able to pop them in and out with out much worry.

I've never owned a pair of customs so I'm not sure if they'll be a good fit, but I'm opening to giving them a shot if the difficulty of removing and replacing them isn't too bad. I've been eyeing the SE846 at the moment, because of how much I like the sound signature of the 535s. Thanks for taking a look and the help.

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I made the mistake of trying the 535's and the 846's at one of those airport wireless stores. I was quite happy with my 215's but I ended up walking out with the 846's, I can't say enough good things. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back