Need to replace my JVC HAFX3X . Any suggestions?
Oct 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adhd

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, so let me introduce my self, I have come to the site many times before looking at reviews. Yesterday was tragic, the cable on  my JVC HAFX3X tore. My job can be very tedious for lack of a better term, I work in customer service and and respond to e-mails use a chat service through out the day. I am in desperate need of replacements and am looking to upgrade, however, the JVC's bass was incredible and I really would like to get something that can come close to it.  I was looking at some of the entry level Shure's and Westone's but most reviews indicated they were not for Bass Heads.

I was hoping for some suggestions on alternate sets. What I WANT is something with detachable cables, so the cabling can be replaced if needed, must be In Ear, can't use headphones, and I want something that has bass similar to the JVCs. I'd really like something that can just be plugged in the my Galaxy S3 or Ipod Classic with no need of an amp. As far as music taste I listen to everything, Michael Buble has been played a lot recently but DubStep and Country with a small percentage of Rap/Hip Hop/Pop etc, anything with out screaming. As far as the price point, I would really like to stay UNDER $250.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 4
All right.. I'm having to change it up. My timing belt went out the other night on the way home so thats going to set me back a bit.. I am now looking for something in the cheap range to hold me off for a while.

I was considering getting a new set of JVC HAFX3X of eBay, but there were a few others I was curious about as well. Does anyone have any opinions on the following
Philips SHE3590
Philips SHE8000WT
CK-700
Audio Technica ATH-COR150
PIONEER BASS HEAD SE-CL721

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 4
Instead of replaceable cables, imo it is a good idea to keep the price low. With replaceable cables, often a replacement cable is expensive, or it might not be available when you need it. The Sony MDRXB60 looks very interesting. It is $39 on Amazon. I don't own it yet, however it has received great reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back