Need to repair my Fiio X5 (First Generation)
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Swollen17

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Long story short if you don't want to read. My X5 is out of warranty. Does anyone have any idea how much it would be for them to repair it, or does anyone know how to open it up because I don't see any screws to let me in.

I have a first generation Fiio X5 that I got a bit more than a year and a half ago. So of course it is out of warranty. The other day it tried to turn the volume up while it was in the side pocket of my backpack, and it wasn't working. The pocket isn't tight, or restrictive, at is essentially just a pouch. So when I got home I took it out to look at it, and the volume up button pushes in but there is no click and it goes in much further than the volume down button does. I'm not sure if the switch broke or if there is a board that has detached from the side. Everything else still works, and I can raise the volume by pushing the down volume, and then using the scroll wheel. But I want to fix it if possible. But I also don't want to just start prying, and end up breaking something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 3
The following X5 modding guide by @Carel might be of help:

http://car-el.livejournal.com/4060.html?page=1

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back