Need to reduce high treble by ALOT
Aug 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

adaweawe

New Head-Fier
I have this product. Its a bluetooth reciever

http://imgur.com/a/wUxiJ

http://i.imgur.com/Wv4bebk.png

connected to my headphones, so I could have portable Bluetooth headphones. It is pretty loud, but only for the high treble. If the singer makes an S sound, it's this really uncomfortable loud hissing noise. It's not a audio artifact like crackling or popping, but just this treb that sounds way too high and loud.

I tried various earbuds and, and headphones, but they all gave out way too high of a treble.

Is there a way I can fix this? I really want a hardware modification or attachments to permanently reduce the high treble.
I don't want to plug in the headphone amp only to have the high treble boosted even louder. Something needs to drastically reduce the treb.

i took out completely the 16khz and 8khz bands in windows software equalizer "Hear" and it helps alot...but has too high latency., so not good for gaming. plus a hardware mod would be nicer and compatible with all audio devices

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 5
Regarding the photos, I wired to AA batteries to get longer battery life. About 20 hours instead of six hours under AAA batteries! I just keep the thing in my pocket. Plus eneloop rechargeables are awesome

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Bluetooth audio adds further data compresion to already compressed audio (if using mp3). Some bluetooth transmitters/recievers can provide higher bandwidths and data transfer rates, I suggest you read up on the various versions of bluetooth and maybe go for one that has a higher bandwidth to try and improve audio quality.

The only hardware modification that will improve things is bin that device and unfortunately use.. wires

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 5
dang. i wish i could just open the device up and solder something on there.

what about using a portable amp (powered by one AAA batt) that is supposedly "bass-heavy"? i am hoping that would equalize things into a bass heavy sound and lessen the sharp treble

Aug 21, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 5
An idea.. you could try using an impedance increase adaptor, I think you can get them from UE.. as I got one with my TF10's. In my experience It reduces treble but will also have a hit on overall volume.

If you are in the UK and can't source one, I'll send you mine if you pay for the postage... and I can find it !)  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back