Need to make my IPOD line out listenable
Oct 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
I just picked up a refurbished gen 5 ipod video 30gb to integrate into my bimmer's sound system via an alpine interface (420i) and intravee ii.

With the eq off, my sound bass is very anemic and the severe imbalance makes listening very distracting. The only EQ setting I've tried thus far is rock, and it is a bloated, boomy mess.

The premium audio package in my car is pretty competent and I just want a decent source signal to let it do its thing. What do you guys do?

Some searches of the site suggest avoiding EQ settings at all costs, but I need a fix I can live with. I'm not very ipod savy and have avoided one for years---I only gave in now to integrate it with my car/be able to control it via my navigation screen.

Oct 16, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Actually, there was a very similar thread/post some time ago. I don't remember what the solution turned out to be or if the person ever got the sound he/she wanted. My impression is that that person also had a BMW. You might spend some time searching. I also seem to remember that the quality of the files had something to do with it.

Good luck.

Mooch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back