Need to get a new Sennheiser HD800 cable as my current one is fried
Apr 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dudefromearth

Head-Fier
The fibre in the stock cable has been exposed and the sturdy part of the cable at top next to the headphone itself is very loose, which is very bad. The wires inside of the cable, which I can clearly see, can be bent very easily.

How much would it cost to get the HD800 stock cable replace or repaired? I would go for a different type of cable for the HD800 but not if it is very expensive. I spent $1,500 last week cos I had to get a new computer so I don't have a lot of money.

Also, I have looked online for the stock cable, but to no avail, where can I get it?

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 10
[size=small]This is your best opportunity to get an upgrade cable! Look around, especially on eBay; I’ve seen them from $239 & up. But first, read up on the forum about upgrades to the cable of this headphone. Many people have seen a cable upgrade to drastically improve these headphones – especially on the low frequencies. I will be upgrading soon. Please post what you decide to do and if it made a change! [/size]

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 10
Headroom sells the replacement cable as well as upgraded Cardas cables.  The price for the stock cable is $299.00
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/headphone-parts/sennheiser-hd800-replacement-cable.php

Apr 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 10
$300 is a bit rediculous for the stock cable.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Heh, no kidding! Why buy stock when you can buy a better aftermarket one for about the same price. OEM often costs more than it should. I was looking into purchasing these headphones used, without the storage box, thinking that I can economically add the storage box if I wanted. Sennheiser charges $139 for the storage box alone - no wonder they want $300 for the stock cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back