Need to cool my amp -- ventiliation?
Feb 6, 2007 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

daba

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I currently own the infamous SFT Dynamight, first two box design that sft ever built. Well this thing runs hot and I'd like to cool it down. I originally had some 80mm fans strapped on to the back but I couldn't find a reliable way to secure them. So instead I looked to change the tops of the enclosures to mesh of some sort; this way, I can secure the fans onto the enclosures themselves.

Anyways, one thing I'm worried about is that these won't be able to support things on top of them. Anyone know if those aluminum mesh sheets on eBay do the job, or any other solutions on cooling this beast?

Thanks.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 4
How are you powering the fans? Right from the PSU? You could attache the fans with screws as is done inside computer cases. If you have a hardware or homedepot or similar by you, they may have perforated sheets. Youc an always use smaller fans and connect them right to the heatsinks that are hot.

Some people will say that fans using the PSU supply will add noise to the power rails.I don't know if it will or not.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 4
I literally strapped them on with zip ties and they are running off an external power supply.

I was thinking of going to Home Depot and seeing what options they had. One thing that concerns me is the dust though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back