Need tip with good isolation for Vsonic Gr02
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jz416

New Head-Fier
I have the Vsonic Gr02 pro II silver cable edition.
I love them when i have a good seal that is almost never with the double flanges.
Isolation is very important to me.
The IEMS came with a ridiculous amount of tips but they are all single flange which i hear is not very isolating.
My question is are their tips with isolation good enough their worth buying over the single flanges, and if so what are they.
My earplugs i use for drumming are triple flanges but much skinnier than the double flanges on the iems and they fit awesome.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 15
I recently tried the newer rounded comply brand tips and they obviously isolate well but more importantly they don't affect the signature like the regular sized ones do.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 15
i bought the medium and the small and ended up using the small size. if you order use the coupon code 20offcomply on their site and save a few bucks. Sounds like the small might work fine for you too. I mean they are foam so either one will prolly work.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 15
comply tips are good but I use the AirBuds tips on some old sony's. they are way cheaper than the comply and I honestly think they have better isolation. I think they run for maybe about 7$ and I got 3 pairs in the package. The foam is much more ocmfortable than comply and you can wash them too!

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 15
those tips look good for the price but they are similar to the original design of the comply tips where the sound is traveling down a tunnel of foam thereby acoustically reflecting the sound and having a deading effect which will change the sound signiature. This can be desireable when you are trying to take the edge off the highs for example but if you are trying to preserve the same sound that you get with stock tips the newer rounded comply tips do a better job of this. That is because they are shorter and silicon tube inside the bud where the sound travels extends almost from one end of the "tunnel" to the other. So you don't have as much foam deadening effect.

The ones he recommends are worth a try. It will save you roughly 6 dollars if it is worth it to you.

Doc

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 15
very true, I dont really notice too much distortion of the sound honestly as there is not much space to for sound to reverberate, but that makes sense. In terms of comfort, I think they are noticeably more comfortable than the comply tips though.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 15
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, Just one question i have found one of the single flanges which come with the iems fits well.
Are the complys or airbuds worth it for the better isolation.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #9 of 15
You can only answer that based on what you are getting out of them. I haven't found a single single flange tip though that isolates as good as foam.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 15
Hands down the best tips are the double flange that come with the Hisound popo.   They are very small and give a deep fit, which the GR02 really need, plus they have a big open hole/bore..

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #14 of 15
I have the GR02 (Bass Edition), and was not pleased with the supplied tips.  I have affixed a pair of MEElec balanced bi-flange (for M11+) tips and they isolate extremely well, while providing extended use comfort.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
I recently tried the newer rounded comply brand tips and they obviously isolate well but more importantly they don't affect the signature like the regular sized ones do.

I'm having trouble finding the "newer rounded" comply tips - can you please send a link? I like foam tips but I don't like the way they impact the signature. Would love to see if these can help.

Appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back