Need suggestions
Oct 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 21
I don't have much experience with IEMs.
You can read about Yamaha's EPH-100 here at Head Fi.
They sound warm with nice sub bass and detailed presentation.
(Also metal made, and provide very good isolation)

Best Luck!

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 21
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 21
It will be easier to suggest with a price range. The iem can range from $5 to $4000 and more.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #6 of 21
Try checking out the following iems:

• Rockit sound R-50
  • Vsonic GR07BE
  • T-Peos H-100/ H-200
  • TDK BA200
all of them are highly rated or check this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkVOjqY8dVYWdDl4bzE4SkxpWENPSmdoc3lGMlo1MWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #7 of 21
Thanks I narrowed it down to the rock it and hi fi man re400 but went with the hi fi's
Hopefully I'll be as happy as I am with my sound magic 100s. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 21
This may be a dumb question but would a portable amp help them sound better or louder? I had a fiio one but I seem to haveisplaced it was thinking bout getting one of their better ones but if there's no need for it then i won't get it. And would if be wise to get after market tips? Do they help with sound or isolation? Because the sanheiser ones I have I can hardly hear anything especially when my volume is at least half way

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 21
This may be a dumb question but would a portable amp help them sound better or louder? I had a fiio one but I seem to haveisplaced it was thinking bout getting one of their better ones but if there's no need for it then i won't get it. And would if be wise to get after market tips? Do they help with sound or isolation? Because the sanheiser ones I have I can hardly hear anything especially when my volume is at least half way

What source are you using it with? The source will play a big part in whether or not an amp is of value.

As for tips, the selection provided with my HiFiMans was always good and I often find tip selection tricky. Isolation is not amazing because of the tiny vents required for dynamic drivers, but I never have any problems with the Re272s even on loud public transport. Once the music is on, their isolation seems to be sufficient.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #13 of 21
My iPod is my source and at 115g strong of heavy metal usage so far
biggrin.gif

In that case, an amp and line-out adapter would be a great option. The iPods are good, but you'll hear a significant improvement from an amp.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 21
I have the fiio e11 and tonight on my sanheiser cx300 and they sounded better I could hear small details. On a side note I got a pair of turtle beach px22 and they sounded just as good as my sound magics or close but gong wise they blew em away and I can't figure out if it's the turtles built in amp or the hdmi/RCA cable and was thinking an amp for watching tv and movies but I'm not sure I just have em uged in to my Yamaha receiver

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 21
I highly recommend the Astrotec AX7 and if you want 80% of the sound at half the price, go for the Hisound Audio BA-100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back