Need suggestions on buying PCDP
Oct 12, 2002 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

SYSTEM ALCHEMiST

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking to buy a new PCDP that has both a line-out(for amp) and an optical out (for minidisc). Actually I tried to search the whole forum but still not sure which one is for me...
so,here we go, I need some suggestions on that. ANY input is appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 14, 2002 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 18
hehe, i think if u've searched the whole forum, then there really isn't too much that ppl can add anymore...
tongue.gif

on the other hand, noone here's auditioned the Kenwood DPC-X527 nor the new Sony D-EJ2000... if u'd care to be our guinea pig, buy one of these from audiocubes or elsewhere, i that i'd be very very appreciative, and i'm sure many more head-fiers would be too...
very_evil_smiley.gif

mwahaha... what a helpful post, eh?

Oct 14, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 18
Grab yourself a sony d-ej915, or ej925 for a better deal with similar fatures and sound characteristic.

Purk

Oct 14, 2002 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 18
no no no!!!, get the d-ej2000. And post a good long review!
Did the p570 have a opt-out? I think i did...

Oct 14, 2002 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 18
How much are you willing to pay? I have a D-303, one of the best line-out on a PCDP ever, optical out, but no anti-shock. I will consider anything over $125, which is about what you pay for one of the new models.

Oct 14, 2002 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 18
Actually,I spend the last 2 days search through the forum for info on pcdps,seems like there are many different opinions which really confused me.Now i'm thinking about DEJ915/925/955/1000,for the info i think i picked up,all these models have an opt/line-out,is that right?

So please gimme some suggestions on these models,any other models are also welcome here as long as they have both opt/line-out.Quality is my first concern,since im gonna use it with an amp,the headphone-out is not a problem.

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 18
SYSTEM ALCHEMiST,

Quote:

So please gimme some suggestions on these models,any other models are also welcome here as long as they have both opt/line-out.Quality is my first concern,since im gonna use it with an amp,the headphone-out is not a problem.

Well, if quality is the most important thing for you...why look anywhere else???? Get, Yang's D-303 for one of the best line out in the business. The headphone out is excellent too. Those newer players are crap compares to the D-303 built/sound quality. Take my advice and you'll get one of the best discmans ever made. Remember, you have to sacrifice the anti-shock, and super long battery life. To me, D-303 is one heck of a discman. I have the ej-01, and sorry, D-303 is two or three notch above that in line out/headphone out quality.

PUrk

Oct 14, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #11 of 18
Hi,Purk

Sorry,i forgot to say that portability and battery life is also important since im gonna take it everywhere,that's why i chose DEJ9XX and 1000. so between these models,which one would you suggest?

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #12 of 18
Hi,
They should sound equally good. The line out is the best bet for these model. It is up to your budget. If you have more money to spend, pick the ej-1000 and never look back. If the money is tight, and you don't care much about the slightly thinner d-ej1000 and its magnesium body, get the D-EJ955. I don't think you can go wrong on the other one. It is up to your budget to decide. However, if you want the ultimate in sound quality from both line out/headphone out, Sony D-555, D-303, D-515, and D-311 won't disappoint you.

Purk

Oct 15, 2002 at 11:55 AM Post #13 of 18
purk said it!

A bit off subject...does any one know if the d-ej2000 sold outside japan will also be "full metal body"? since the 915 sony's pages has promised just that, but when they hit the store 1/2 later in the EU only the lid is metal!?

Oct 15, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #14 of 18
Thanks to you all for posting here, I decided to go for the D-EJ925.
smily_headphones1.gif

Linnem,I'm not quiet sure about the D-EJ2000,as taipeileviathan said,no one here get the chance actually listening to it,but the one shown on AudioCubes has a "full metal body",not sure though...

Oct 16, 2002 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 18
yes, thats a domestic japaneese model.

Good luck with the 925, may it serve you well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back