Need suggestions for wireless headphones
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Joshiwo

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some new bluetooth headphones to use with my iPhone.

Budget: ~$300
Use: Music and video
Musical style: Mainly rock/punk
Style: On ear or over ear
NC: Not required, but I wouldn’t mind it

So far I've been looking at:
Audio Technica SR5BT ($180)
AKG Y50BT ($165)
AKG K845 BT ($260)
Denon AH-GC20 ($260)
Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 ($270)
V-Moda Crossfade Wireless ($260)
Bose Soundlink OE Wireless ($260)
Bose Soundlink II AO Wireless ($280)

Any other suggestions? Which are the best of the ones I've been looking at?

Edit: After reading a lot of reviews and feedback, I've removed a couple of them. I'm currently considering:
SR5BT
Y50BT
K846BT
Soundlink II

The SR5BT and K846BT are online only, but I'm gonna try and test the two others in-store to see if I can remove one of them.

Edit 2: I need to stop digging. I've found another to add to the list: Sony H.ear On 2 Wireless NC (WH-H900N).

I've tried the Y50BT and Soundlink II in store, and so far the Soundlink II sounded the best. If anyone has tried, which are the best of K846BT, Bose Soundlink II and Sony H.ear On 2?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 11
So, I've tested the H900N, and to me they sound great. The price has also been reduced for this week only, from $300 to $260, with a testing period of 50 days, so I can always return them within those 50 days and get my money back. That should be enough time for the ANC700BT to launch and generate some reviews.

May 28, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 11
This never ends. I've discovered that I am get the Momentum 2 Wireless for only $50 more. Are they worth it?
I don't think so, but a lot of people really like it. If you prefer a laid back listening experience with an emphasis on bass / sub bass, then they sound pretty good. Wouldn't be my cup of tea for rock, and that's primarily what I listen to. Out of all the Bluetooth headphones I've demoed, I thought the B&O line sounded superior to most everything else. Their stuff is a bit pricey for me, so I went with the Audio Technica ath ws99bt. These sound really good with rock imo. Not laid back or neutral, but not overly aggressive either. Just enough attack to give drum kicks and electric guitars some solid bite without melting your face. They also have a built-in amp that allows them to get quite a bit louder than most other wireless headphones I've heard. Slight V shape sound signature, but not as much as most consumer tuned Bluetooth headphones. Bass doesn't bleed into the mids, and vocals come through very nicely.
I have no need for Bluetooth headphones any longer, so I'm selling my set. They have very low hours on them and are basically new. My listing is in the headphones for sale section if you might be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back