Need suggestions for next pair of headphones.
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

geezlouise

New Head-Fier
Well, first off I would like to ask if there is anyway to fix my current headphone.I purchased a pair of creative aurvana lives 6 months ago I believe thanks to the suggestions that you guys gave me and I fell in love with them.Well today the left speaker just decided to stop working...I heard there was some way to fix this with soldering?I haven't done anything like this before so I don't know if there is a fix.

Well in the event that my headphones are poop now,I am in search of another pair of headphones.I would love to just buy another pair but honestly,the CAL!s were my first pair of headphones and they just opened my eyes(or ears) to the world of sound. I feel like experimenting with another pair of headphones and hearing new sounds!I loved the CAL!s, SUPER comfortable,sounded great in my opinion..I would have probably liked a bit more isolation and portability (folding,collapsing,rotating ear pieces) but I still loved them.The kind of music that I listen to used to be full of electronic sounds but now I've been starting to listen to a bit of everything. I started listening to hip hop and rap because I could appreciate the beats.I still want that oopmh for the bass because I mainly listen to electronic music.I'm looking for a pair of headphones that are still very comfortable(I loved the lightweight CAL!s but I could settle for something a bit heavier if need be),sound great and isolate pretty well.I would also prefer something circumaural.Basically an upgrade all around.I've done some searching and the bose triport AE(1?2?) seem to fit my criteria but I've heard that they are kind of a ripoff, and I would kind of agree, I tried a pair and they were super comfy and isolated well but it felt pretty flimsy. 

TL;DR
In search of a pair of headphones that are comfortable (circumaural preferably),isolate well that are pretty balance but with a little bit of bass.My budget is around 100 bucks but I could shell out a few more if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back