Need suggestions for first set
Oct 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JoaquinAway

New Head-Fier
Alright, I'v done a lot of research into my first pair of real headphones, but quite frankly I'm a little frustrated because I can't find what I want.
Last week I bought a set of Adidas Originals by Monster on a whim, but after a few hours of using them, I determined that they weren't worth their cost. Cool look and all, but I figured I could do much better. After lots of research I was about to pull the trigger on some ATH-M50x, but thankfully didn't before I realized that they don't have a mic on the cable. (Seriously?!) The DT 770s seem like they might be the best option, but I'm turned off by the long break in period. If I had the money, I'd go with some Sennheiser Momentums, but they're about $50 too much.

I've got a budget that maxes out at $200. I like me some bass. They've got to be closed cans, and completely circumaural. I listen to a lot of classic rock, 80's, and pop. Ideally, they'll make The Doors' Break On Through and Foo Fighters' Everlong sound otherworldly.
I'll be using the headphones with my LG G3 about 95% of the time as I go to and from classes, library, etc. Must have a mic!
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Another pair I can recommend is the Donscorpio Dolphin. Just like the Momentums, but more sub-bass, cheaper, and they look better

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donscorpio-Dolphin-Over-ear-Headset-Professional-HiFi-Music-Headphones-/291090098586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item896f8e659d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back