Need suggestions for discreet or "invisible" earphones.
Dec 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pervysage

1000+ Head-Fier
So I have recently started at a new job (Loss Prevention Officer a.k.a. secret shopper) where I am just walking around the store in plainclothes and catching shoplifters.

When it is a quiet day and nothing is really going on I often find myself getting mind-numbingly bored so I thought I would start bringing my old iPod to work and listening to it while walking around. Now having earphones in probably isn't a HUGE deal at this job, but I still want to be kind of discreet about it. We also carry around walkie talkies so that we can listen into conversations of the employees or in case we need to contact someone in the store. I could always just pass off the earphone as being hooked up to the walkie talkie and not an MP3 player 
tongue_smile.gif

For my usage, I will only have one earbud on and the other one will probably just be left dangling in my shirt. Sound quality isn't a huge deal under the circumstances and I'm not looking to spend too much money unless there is a new supercool tiny wireless solution that might cost a little extra.

I have searched on the forum for "discreet" earphones and did get some results, but the threads I found were from years ago and so I thought I would just make a new thread in case some new and better solutions have come out recently.

One earphone that I have found so far and looks pretty discreet is the MEElectronics M6. They are only about 20 bucks and come in a clear color which doesn't stand out as much as black or white and is an over the ear design so I can just put it over my ear and have it go down my back, hidden under my shirt. Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U

Anyone have any other suggestions I should take a look at? Any good wireless solutions out there or should I just stick to wired?

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 3
  Get a bluetooth earpiece (some of them support music streaming) and stream from a smartphone. Much easier to conceal than corded earbuds.

I was thinking of doing this as well but don't want those bluetooth earpieces with the big mic sticking out. I would like more of a earbud design that you can just plug into your ear. I looked on Google and found the "Motorola H9" but it is super old and discontinued.

A similar design to that would be nice... still looking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back