Need suggestion - Beats or Meelec or other
Jan 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iCloud

New Head-Fier
People usually say that Beats are over-priced. The thing is, I am getting the iBeats or urBeats, the one that comes with HTC phones for $30. I am looking for an IEM with good bass. For this price, I am also getting Meelectronics M16 with "enhanced bass" as they say. Now I don't know if I should go with iBeats that I am getting for $30 or M16 or something else.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
People usually say that Beats are over-priced. The thing is, I am getting the iBeats or urBeats, the one that comes with HTC phones for $30. I am looking for an IEM with good bass. For this price, I am also getting Meelectronics M16 with "enhanced bass" as they say. Now I don't know if I should go with iBeats that I am getting for $30 or M16 or something else.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Where did you find iBeats or UrBeats for 30 bucks?  The reason why I ask is because the Beats line tends to be faked frequently.  

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 8
Oh, the iBeats that comes packaged with HTC Sensation.

Do you know the seller well? He could be selling you a fake; it's a tactic often used by fake seller, saying that they're selling the earphone because they don't use it...

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Unless someone here has heard the specific model you are thinking of buying, my suggestion would be to try them for yourself and ask yourself if you'd pay 30 for them.  

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 8
If you're on a low budget and are open to non-iems. Try a pair of Koss KSC75's (~$15). They're probably the best audio quality you can get for they money. The only thing they do lack in a bit is the sub-bass region. So if you're a basshead you may want to try something different.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Unless someone here has heard the specific model you are thinking of buying, my suggestion would be to try them for yourself and ask yourself if you'd pay 30 for them.  

The model is - iBeats
I can test it but I cannot test the others which fall in the same price range.

Quote:
If you're on a low budget and are open to non-iems. Try a pair of Koss KSC75's (~$15). They're probably the best audio quality you can get for they money. The only thing they do lack in a bit is the sub-bass region. So if you're a basshead you may want to try something different.

Actually looking for IEMs only.

Meelec M16 is quite popular.
Can anyone compare the iBeats with M16?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back