Need suggestion about new PC speakers
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Scavenger

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

So I am going to buy myself new speakers for my PC but I can't decide between 3:

1. Microlab FC-530
2. Logitech Z523
3. Logitech Z506

The last option is 5.1 but I've heard them on a 2-channel sound card (just as mine) and they still sounded great, seems like they are able to transform the 2-chanel sound into 5 pretty successfully(although they won't sound as great as with a 5-channel card). I found the buffer a bit small (it doesn't have that huge driver as the first two options) and I think the previous options will deliver a bit better bass (although this was great, too).

I'll soon have the chance to hear the Z523s too but still I haven't done it as they are still not delivered in the local tech store.

But what about the FC-530s? I will not be able to hear them as they are not delivered in the country where I live and I won't have the chance to hear them.

Which of these do you guys think will be the best option for me?
Yes, they are not from the very best ones, but I am on a budget, so these 3 I am able to afford for now and these are the ones I can get from local internet stores.

P.S. I don't watch movies on my PC so often (I just go to the cinema), so mainly I will use them for listening to music and gaming.

Regards,
Scavenger :)

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 6
For a music heavy set up you want to put your money on 2.0/2.1 speakers with proper driver/tweeters - not sure where u at but consider used as well perhaps?

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 6
1. No, I prefer new ones and I would also appreciate it if you suggest me 1 of these 3 models. :)
2. Yes, I will mostly listen to music on them.

I found the Z506s to deliver nice sound on music too, although (as you said) for music would be better 2.1 :)

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
For a music heavy set up you want to put your money on 2.0/2.1 speakers with proper driver/tweeters - not sure where u at but consider used as well perhaps?

I think trog is probably right here. I totally understand not wanting to buy used or wanting to get PC speakers instead of passive bookshelf speakers, but none of the models you list have real tweeters. If you want to get PC speakers try and find some that at least have tweeters like the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. In my mind that is what really sets the Klipsch apart them apart from the Logitech. Sure, they they may not be great tweeters, but at least they are there unlike on the Logitech. You might want to shop around and see what else you can find in your area. Otherwise I would say tell you get which ever is easiest on your wallet and get something nicer down the road.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 6
I found the Z506s to deliver nice sound on music too, although (as you said) for music would be better 2.1 :)

If you have heard them and like them, you should definitely go with what you have heard rather than the other speakers on the list. Your personal listening preferences play a big part in speaker selection, and website testimonials and recommendations are no substitute for having listened to them.

At the same time, I agree with cnhardwick and trog. I hate to sound insulting, but the Logitech speakers you are looking at are considered more "toys" when it comes to their drivers and tweeters. This is why the Lepai t-amp and passive speakers is such a popular option: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57439115-47/build-your-own-desktop-stereo-for-under-$70/ You really can get better sound pairing a used pair of speakers with that amp.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, I understand you guys, but I don't really have that much space to put bigger speakers on/around my desk. What's more, I have a pretty nice audio system in my apartment on which I really enjoy listening to music (it's just awesome), I just need better speakers for my PC as the ones I have now are from the very weak ones and they are only 5 watts (2.0).

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1... yes, I have looked at them and I really like them but I don't really have the money to afford them, so I think I should just forget them and maybe the ones with real tweeters, as they will be expensive too...

I can't decide what to do... :/

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back