Need Store-Bought Recommendations Under $30
Feb 27, 2015 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

00birdy

100+ Head-Fier
I totally forgot about my girlfriend's upcoming birthday monday, so I've screwed myself out of being able to buy something online and get it shipped in time.  She wants a good earphone/earbud to go with her music player/phone that she will mostly use at the gym.  Problem is I'm trapped into brick and mortar store shopping.  Best buy seems like one possible location, maybe target or walmart?  What do you guys recommend as the best available item I could find in a store in the ~$30 range?  I had good luck with sennheiser in the past but have trouble even finding some generic ones in that price range.  I'm kind of stuck here! Help if possible!

I've been able to find a Shure SE112 for $50 at guitarcenter, but other than that nothing reasonable near $30. 
What does the community consider the worthwhile choices in this price range?

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 4
These are on different threads, and I haven't tried for myself yet, so I cannot say.

Philips She3590 (v shaped)
Xiomi pistons (warm)
And maybe the JVC fx101(extreme bass)

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Check out the reviews in this list. See if any that sound interesting to you are available locally:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-333-iems-compared-ubsound-fighter-added-02-21-15-p-1039

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 4
You can get the Earpods from the Apple store for $29 right now. They actually sound pretty good for the money, in my opinion. Plus, they look cool, for what that's worth. Mine lasted quite a long time before they broke. Just something to consider. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back