need spesific mp3 player, plz help!!!
Jun 30, 2004 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Riddles

New Head-Fier
So ive been looking all around and have found very few that match my desires.
And i dont think im asking alot, but everyone keeps on putting in useless stuuf and jacking up the price!

anyways, if you guys could help me find what im looking for, id be much appreciated.

Here is what i need.
256 MB (prefferable)
Plug-n-play with built in USB plug <-Must! i would like to see the usb interface right on the player, that way i dont have go looking for a cord every time i want to upload stuff.
FM tuner (always good) ( i could even go for the old scool Fm tuners, analog)
thats it!
I dont know if im missing something, but there are few players that have plug-n-play and have an fm tuner.. its as if those two options are mutually exclusive!
or im missing something...

anyways, i did find two that seem to fit my description, one is the Muro WOODI, and the other is the MSI MegaStick.
(i like the woodi, 'looks' very slim and compact and relatively problem free)

So if anyone knows of any that fir the bill (and that exorbitantly over priced) please help me out.

Thanks

Jun 30, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Something like this should meet your needs:

Muvo TX FM

- It comes in 128MB and 256MB sizes
- It has a built in FM tuner that is recordable
- It's USB plug-and-play and no cable is required

smily_headphones1.gif

prod10241_hdr_1_1_61.jpg

Jul 3, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8
There's also the iops

it sold under a buch of diffrent brands including jens of sweden and other. There a thread somewhere with a lot of brands.

It got all you ask for and is damn stylish. you can probably find it in the us too.

edit: another link
http://www.iops.co.kr/enghome/index.html?flag=PRODUCT

Jul 4, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 8
all iriver ifp-xxx players support that aslong as you upgrade it to UMS firmware once you get it to have plug-n-play.

edit: oh you mean it must have usb plug, well then i say go for the iops also, but it might be hard to get and little more expensive.

Jul 8, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 8
thanks guys..

guess you like the iops
biggrin.gif

oh, one more question, whats tha name of those fm stations that you plug into the headphones jack?
Its this little thing that plugs into a headphones jack and is set t broadcast to a particular fm frequency so you can hear it on your radio..

Jul 15, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddles
oh, one more question, whats tha name of those fm stations that you plug into the headphones jack?
Its this little thing that plugs into a headphones jack and is set t broadcast to a particular fm frequency so you can hear it on your radio..

FM Transmitter... in fact Jens of Sweden has one for sale. I mean it's integrated to the player. I'm not sure how well it works since I've just ordered one mysels (they are out of stock, I should get my own on 21th...).

http://www.jensofsweden.com/mp300.asp?base=2

They don't mention about it anywhere since FM transmitters are forbidden in Sweden. But you can enable it by uplading a tiny file to the player so it enables the transmitter. Same product is http://www.nextway.co.kr/english so the player is originally korean like the iops thing. Jens of Sweden sells also that. The newer model only lacks OGG support, otherwise it's same/better than the previous one.

Jul 15, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 8
I got this one for my gf MPIO FL100, you can get at BestBuy. I have had previous exposure to Mpio, and I find their products really well made. Made in Korea. My first Mpio was puchased in Korean when I was over there.

www.mpio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back