Need speakers for turntables
Jan 12, 2011 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HighSynergy

New Head-Fier
So im about to buy a audio-technica turntable (at-pl60usb) for home use in my room

im not looking to break the bank (student ftl. plus im saving for new iems first) but ill spend money for good value

what can you guys suggest?

thanks much fellas

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 5
What are you planning to hook this turntable to?  A laptop, or other computer?  I am assuming so, because of the USB output.

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 5
This may sound like a silly question, but bear with me.  Is there a particular reason why you want to play vinyl through a turntable hooked to a laptop, rather than through a separate integrated amp or receiver (is space an issue?)?

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 5
not a silly question, i just dont know what im doing :s lol

heres the deal, now please, your turn to bear with me :)

ive been collecting vinyls for a bit now and ive been meaning to buy a record player. saw this (audio technica) for 100 bucks off retail and decided to bite. i was under the impression that i was just gonna rip some records to my laptop which is why i plan on grabbing one with a usb.

i was also gonna get some speakers moreso for the hell of it so i can play records when my buddies come over with bits of their collections

yes, my room is quite small

am i wasting money on speakers if im using a laptop? if i do eventually move the record player downstairs what integrated amp/receivers would you recommend?

end noob story/

sorry lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back