Need source for ATH-9000 Ear pads.
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

IceClass

Headphoneus Supremus
I've bought but have yet to receive a set of Audio Technica ATH-9000 Electret Condenser headphones.
As is almost de rigeur with my purchases of vintage 'phones, this set looks like it's going to be needing a new set of ear pads.
Three emails to AT have gone unanswered.
Would anyone know if actual AT replacement parts are available from somewhere or if there's another available pair that might fit?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 12
Would still appreciate any tips anyone might have on finding a replacement pair of pads in Canada - or elsewhere for that matter or even a reliable email address at AT to ask...
Cheers.

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 12
Called the Canadian Audio Technica distributor with no luck.
Emails to various AT outlets and distributors found online have either had no luck or been ignored.
Anyone know the definitive place to contact to know for sure if there's any available anywhere?

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 12
Dec 22, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 12
Response received:

"Dear Mr.....;

We very much appreciate your royal patronage to our product.

We regret to announce you that we no longer carry the replacement ear pads for ATH-9000
because it has past already 14 years since ATH-9000 had been discontinued of the
production.
Instead, for your option, we found another ear pads which can fit on ATH-9000; HP-910
(\1575 par one set, Japanese Yen). However, those are not for ATH-9000 originally;
therefore, those may change ATH-9000's sound character slightly, to strictly say.

If your would like to place order for HP-910, please mail us again then. We will give you
instruction for the payment.

If you have further questions or commnets, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely yours,

AudioTechnica, Service Center "

"Royal patronage"...hehehe...I can dig it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks SinnerG

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #8 of 12
biggrin.gif
I've had to e-mail service departments before looking for advice and replacement parts, but I have to admit that it seems the Audio-technica one is the first that have seemed to put some effort in. Usually I just get a response of "no longer available" or "please contact your local supplier".

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 12
I really gotta hand it to AT. They went out of their way to find compatible parts for you, even if it wasn't of their own manufacturing. I believe that's really cheap (~$17-18) but I'm not sure how distribution would work since it's not their product. I hope the pads are comfortable and fit :]

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 12
Could be that manufacturers share a service department. Just like a call centre for example.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 12
I've bought but have yet to receive a set of Audio Technica ATH-9000 Electret Condenser headphones.
As is almost de rigeur with my purchases of vintage 'phones, this set looks like it's going to be needing a new set of ear pads.
Three emails to AT have gone unanswered.
Would anyone know if actual AT replacement parts are available from somewhere or if there's another available pair that might fit?
smily_headphones1.gif
I spoke to AT UK ages ago, but they didn't have any earpads for 9000s left in stock. I found an ideal set of pads on eBay, but I can't remember the details. I'll try to find out info from my account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back