Need soundcard with 4x Analog outputs
Mar 24, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 21
m-audio audiophile 24/96 and audiophile 192 have 4 outputs, and you could play something else on each ..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenius
m-audio audiophile 24/96 and audiophile 192 have 4 outputs, and you could play something else on each ..
smily_headphones1.gif

These don't have 1/8" jacks though, right? It's all rca, meaning you'de need to spend some serious cash on adapters, and in the end probably would just be better off with the x-fi or an 1820m or sometihng.

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
These don't have 1/8" jacks though, right? It's all rca, meaning you'de need to spend some serious cash on adapters, and in the end probably would just be better off with the x-fi or an 1820m or sometihng.

RCA is what high-end audio uses all the time (as well as 1/4"), so in a sense, if you're connecting to an amp, it's not bad at all.

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrilix
RCA is what high-end audio uses all the time (as well as 1/4"), so in a sense, if you're connecting to an amp, it's not bad at all.

It would only make sense if you were using an amp, bookshelf speakers probably, etc. If you just have headphones and regular 5.1 computer speakers, it would be quite stupid to buy what I supose is called interconnects to make your RCA'S into 1/8". It would probably cost a lot of money to not lose quality, and I don't think the sound card would handle the speakers as 5.1, but rather as different sources all together.
Btw, cyrillix, get on msn, I had a question for you about music.

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
By the manuals, the Stereo 2x and 3x (4x) options are missing from revo 7.1 (can be selected on revo 5.1) mixer/speaker -settings.

BTW: How did you test those outputs not getting signal for headphones? --> did you use software that allows you to set output to any output/stereo-pair available (NI TRAKTOR BeatPort Player (freeware), NI TRAKTOR DJ Studio 3 (demo), etc.)?

jiitee

From the pulldown menu, choose the 7.1 config first, and then you can choose x2, x3 from the Surround tab. That's the way to do it with my Revo5.1 too. And when you're using ASIO outputs like Foobar, you'll need to also "shift channels" (in the Asio config page in Foobar).

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 21
Instead of changing soundcards, I'd just pick yourself up some sort of digital preamp. You should be able to find something with 4x stereo out, and then just hook it up to the SPDIF out on your current card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back