Need Song Recommendations
Aug 12, 2006 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JaGWiRE

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey. As some of you may know, my Barmitzvah is at the end of this month. My videographer decided to shoot some clips of me, and we are making a short movie (4-5 minutes) called "In the life of Brian." It will be showed at the party of the Barmitzvah via projector. We are looking for an good song to match this movie, preferabley something that some of the older folks (40-50 years old) will have heard before, but not a necessity. The song needs to be 4-6 minutes. In this movie it shows me waking up, going on the computer, going outside, going to the mailbox, watching an movie, tapping a phone line, eating dinner, going to bed, etc. I really need to tell this guy a song quickly so he can go and edit the movie to the song.

Aug 13, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 9
Aug 13, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Man, that's an easy one.

Are you serious? I listened to the samples, lol. Might do, but I need to find the album in real life.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 9
First off, Jahn -- I was about on the floor when I saw that Monty Pyton link. Brought back memories.
tongue.gif

It sounds like you need an instrumental piece for you video clip. I don't think you will find anything with words that isn't a distraction, or doesn't "fit" the video clip. Have you considered "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" by The Allman Brothers? Before you dismiss it as Southern Rock / Blues, give it a listen. It's not overpowering and should complement a video without competing against it.

I'm partial to The Allman Bros, so I'll understand if you go with something else.
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 9
My mom and I decided Brian's song off of Jahn's album is perfect. We are just looking for the cd locally now.

Aug 13, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 9
in my life- the beatles (title says all)

good times bad times- led zeppelin (classic)

praise you- fatboy slim (they might not have heard it, but they will like it has a 60's sound to me)

allstar- smashmouth

feelin' allright- traffic (this might be a good one)

beautiful day- u2

take it easy- the eagles

i dont know you so i cant pick one for your personality. allstar would be my favorite follwed by beautiful day

Aug 13, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 9
Okay, I bought the life of brian (took the subway and went down to Sam the Record man to pick it up.) The Brian song is amazing, but unforteuntly it is shy of 3 minutes, so it is WAYYY too short. I don't know what to do now. Maybe we can loop it around or something. It was the perfect song too..

Aug 15, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
it shows me waking up, going on the computer, going outside, going to the mailbox, watching an movie, tapping a phone line, eating dinner, going to bed, etc

Or, you could cut some of this magnificent mind-blowing material out and make it the length of the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back