Need something like Velodyne V-Pulse but better!?
Mar 6, 2018 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DPCyric

New Head-Fier
I am doing some upgrading with a better music player and I want some IEM's that compete with the V-Pulse's unique sound but with better build quality. I am trying not to spend much over the $500 price point but I really want something good for Industrial and Metal music. Nine Inch Nails, Anaal Nathrakh, Suicide Commando, Battlelore and Epica are in heavy rotation so I need the bass hitting like a freight train and the highs soaring over the moon (who needs mids?)! Impedance isn't a factor here and are there any of these planar magnetic iem's that have what I am looking for (or should I avoid that for now?)?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 8
It may be a tad over budget but I think you should read about the Campfire Polaris. It ticks off several of your boxes. Maybe explore it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

Mar 6, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 8
It may be a tad over budget but I think you should read about the Campfire Polaris. It ticks off several of your boxes. Maybe explore it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

Those look great and I'm not too torn on going a bit over budget (or waiting for a sale to get in budget)... if budget be damned what other options are there (those Shure SE846's sound amazing!)?

Mar 6, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Oh, I guess in that case you could also add the Senn IE800. If you wanted to tighten up your budget, the Dunu DK3001 could potentially work. Some thoughts. One more. If you want what is a lot of people's dreams, the Campfire Andromeda is maybe that. You might read about it and see if you are interested. Sorry about your wallet... ---)

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 8
Oh, I guess in that case you could also add the Senn IE800. If you wanted to tighten up your budget, the Dunu DK3001 could potentially work. Some thoughts. One more. If you want what is a lot of people's dreams, the Campfire Andromeda is maybe that. You might read about it and see if you are interested. Sorry about your wallet... ---)

Reading some reviews it seems the Campfire Polaris is better suited for the sound I enjoy thanks for the help :) Is there any of the new driver technologies that I should wait on instead of buying now? Since I am sinking a good amount of change into a new pair should I really wait for a Planar Magnetic that suits my need for a v-shaped sound signature?

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 8
I think the Polaris is going to be bullet-proof for a good while, personally. As for waiting for a planar, you could certainly do that but there is no telling when or even if that day will come in exactly the package you are looking for. Of course ultimately, it is your decision. I do know this. Product development is a lengthy process (as someone who has worked in that arena). It could be awhile.---)

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back