Need someone to varify that these are the same headphones (Ultras 750 pros) two amazon listings. Fakes?
Dec 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

th3spence

New Head-Fier
This is the cheaper one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003USCCFA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER  ($160 something)

This is the other one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y556M8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A1M0GZGHL8F7T8  ($220 something)

I listen to mainly EDM and thought these would be a good pair of headphones to get based on recommendations. The D2000's are way outside my range and I can't find the 900 pros for any cheaper (new) than $285

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 10
Yep, they are the same headphones, they've just changed the model a bit. The first version of them was the PROline 750, which were blue and white, then the PRO 750's, which were the same color, but came with a carrying case (which is what the second link is), then they changed the color to black and gray, but kept the same model name. (which is what the first link is) They're all still the same headphone though.

The PRO 750's are a great headphone. I've seen a good number of people prefer them to the PRO 900's.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 10
Male vocals aren't always appealing on them, but other than that they have no big flaws... which is really saying something for an Ultrasone.  In some ways their tonality's nicer than the Ed. 8.  I've never heard the PRO 900, but measurements I've seen make it seem as though the 750's a better headphone.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Yep, they are the same headphones, they've just changed the model a bit. The first version of them was the PROline 750, which were blue and white, then the PRO 750's, which were the same color, but came with a carrying case (which is what the second link is), then they changed the color to black and gray, but kept the same model name. (which is what the first link is) They're all still the same headphone though.

The PRO 750's are a great headphone. I've seen a good number of people prefer them to the PRO 900's.

Any reason as to why they prefer them?

Quote:
Male vocals aren't always appealing on them, but other than that they have no big flaws... which is really saying something for an Ultrasone.  In some ways their tonality's nicer than the Ed. 8.  I've never heard the PRO 900, but measurements I've seen make it seem as though the 750's a better headphone.

Thank you both for the quick replies! 

I'm a novice so just to reiterate: Both links are the same headset technically, it's just a difference of colors? Nice =), both seem to look nice honestly, at least to me! 

@driver, that's interesting, any comment on the HiFi series vs the 750 pros? 

Also would you both say this would be a good buy (the 160 version) vs the MD50's? I'm planning on getting an E11 portable amp as well! 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QVPGXK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=AFKH6OU9WWNFS (E11 amp)

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

the pro 900 is good, has great bass with tons of impact and presence.  but a little too colored, especially with the sharp metallic treble that gets worse and worse as you increase volume (whats the point of bassy headphones if they sound like **** when you turn the volume up)

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 10
What would you recommend for a good pair of cans for EDM then if not the 900s? Preferably something less expensive I suppose, being a noob I don't really want to spend too much on my first equipment, getting a feel for everything 

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 10
the pro 900s are great for electronic, i was just saying the lower ultrasones are a really good option since not every1 likes the pro 900s sound. the lower ultrasones tend to be more balanced in their sound. 

don't know which of the lower ultrasones would be the best option though. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #9 of 10
I heard the 580's once and thought they sounded pretty bad all around.  Can't speak for the 780's.

For that price and your intended use I think the PRO 750's would do just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back