need somehelp im a new to audiophile speakers
Jan 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

overcastgabe

New Head-Fier
i want good speakers under 100$ if it has to be 200$ so be it i want huge intimidating speakers with good sound quality i want loud bass but not muddy i and non ear spiting high or ugly  meds i want it to sound better than good perfect in that price range and its ok if there medium size no computer speakers i want them to work with the computer but too big for a table

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 6
there are tons of options, some popular ones are AudioEngine, Adams, Swans etc... All brands have low to high end models. Some might match your budget. But you're better off bumping your budget a bit more to fulfill your needs.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 6
+1 wheeling and dealing in the used market i had the pleasure of hearing some awesome floor standers and with half decent ones u won't miss a sub that much (or at all)

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
i want good speakers under 100$ if it has to be 200$ so be it i want huge intimidating speakers with good sound quality i want loud bass but not muddy i and non ear spiting high or ugly  meds i want it to sound better than good perfect in that price range and its ok if there medium size no computer speakers i want them to work with the computer but too big for a table

As others have suggested, if you do your research, the used market might be your best option to get value in a good pair of speakers. But you have to determine whether you want to buy one with a built in amp, or if you already have an amp/receiver you open up the possibilities with many options via a passive pair of speakers.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 6
If you want BIG 'intimidating' speakers at that price, look around flea markets the online auction places and such for 2nd hand speakers. 
Floor standers with 8 inch woofers are good if you want lots of loud bass for cheap, but make sure to get front ported ones, as the rear ported floor standers need quite big living rooms to let the bass out properly - otherwise it gets really muddy and choked up and 'boomy'.
Otherwise the large bookshelf type speakers with 10 inch woofers can go quite deep too, usually with better sound results all round, but less bass.
These are generalisations, and as others have said do a little research before you buy or ask here if you've found something you're interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back