Need some Tech-Metal:
Aug 31, 2008 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Ive said it before and ill say it again-Meshuggah killed metal for me.
Everything else in the tech genre just pales in comparison.

Definitely enjoy:
Coprofago
DEP
FT-Sol Niger
Devolved
Ion Dissonance-(is aight)

The above is some good stuff, but when it comes down to it, really nothing compares.

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 10
are you looking for like brootal technical death metal or more like techy mathcore type stuff.

when i think tech, i think psyopus. the guitarist is ****ing insane, not to mention the rest of the band, though i think he's the only consistent member.

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Machinations of Dementia is really the only album released recently in this area that has impressed me to any degree - Amazon.com: The Machinations of Dementia: Blotted Science: Music. Kills anything I've heard from Meshuggah, and I'm a fairly excessive Meshuggah fan. In fact, I consider this one of few "must own" albums for any self-respecting tech metal fan.

Could also try Gorod, Martyr, Neuraxis, Pavor, Behold... the Arctopus, Tandjent, etc... good bands. Though honestly, outside of a few artists here and there, this entire genre has been sort of stale lately.

Also, long shot, but you might enjoy ****** the Facts, or possibly even Discordance Axis.

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 10
Gorod - Neurotripsicks
Behold... The Arctopus - Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning
Behold... The Arctopus - Skullgrid

Yeah... I don't really listen to alot of tech metal as I'm not a musician and most of it reeks of wankery.

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Voivod's first three or four albums were great examples of technical thrash (like Coroner's early stuff). Also, second the Atheist and Gorod recs above. I also highly recommend Disharmonic Orchestra. Lately, I even got around to enjoying Pleasuredome, which I had dissed for years.

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you looking for like brootal technical death metal or more like techy mathcore type stuff.

when i think tech, i think psyopus. the guitarist is ****ing insane, not to mention the rest of the band, though i think he's the only consistent member.

Im looking for the minimal, repetitive/math type stuff. Not into the insane guitar solos of some these tech bands; comes across a little cheesy to me (the type of solo that reminds me of the metal bands of the 80's).

Didnt like Necrophagist at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back