Need some suggestions on IEM's under $200
Jun 2, 2014 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nobbs66

New Head-Fier
I made a thread a while back asking for suggestions on IEM's under $100, but my budget has increased since then. I recently listened to my old Klipsch Image S4's more closely and I found them to be far too bright sounding. I listen to stuff like Evanescence, Rise Against, Finger Eleven, and some dubstep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 7
If you can find a Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10 snag them. They have a very large soundstage, deep bass and clear highs. Perfect for rock and dubstep. I love my pair, I'm thinking about turning them into CIEMs even. You can find them for about $150 here in the FS forums. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 7
No, don't go over 200 for them, I bought a pair recently for $120, but I also bought another pair of them with an expensive upgrade cable for $200. Without the cable it would have been much cheaper. I'd say pay $170 MAX for them. They are awesome for the money.

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 7
The GR07 is probably another great choice, but you aren't going to hear as much separation in the music with one Dynamic driver as you would with the 3 Balanced Armature drivers in the TF10s. I'd go with the TF10, and if you can't find one in your budget, then go for the GR07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back