Need some suggestion on headphone break-in
Feb 17, 2002 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

VTV

Head-Fier
1. Is it ncessary break-in has to be continous? I am going to power my headphone using PC, so is it necessary to keep it running say 30-40 hrs continuosly? Or is it okay if I do it intermittantly?

2. What are the suggested volume levels? Full blast or medium levels?

3. What kind of music/sound? Bass, Treble, mid-range or mix of all types?

4. Any helpful tips?

Feb 17, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 10
I personally dont believe in letting headphones sit around and get "burned in." I just start listening to them right away so i can notice the changes that occur over that period of time (as well as enjoy my new toy!).

Don't blast your headphones, you may damage your hearing and the headphones
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 10
Hmm, thats some real fast responses
cool.gif

Well I thought the same way too, that I will break-in the phone as I listen to them. But is there any benefit if it is continous, at least during the initial stages?

I don't like to listen at ear splitting levels, but if driving cans at high volume while not listening help break-in, I dont mind doing it.

Feb 17, 2002 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by VTV
Well I thought the same way too, that I will break-in the phone as I listen to them. But is there any benefit if it is continous, at least during the initial stages?

No, not at all. The headphones will still break in regardless as you use them (as time passes). It took me about 2-3 weeks before i started noticing my 7506's "break-in" completely. Not a big deal, plus it's always good to notice the changes, it lets you enjoy your headphones even more
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2002 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 10
Hello again VTV

To my humble ears the HP890 required a long time to burn in.

50 hours = good
100 hours = better
150 hours = very good
200 hours = makes HD600 owners nervous

wink.gif

How you get there is up to you...

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2002 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 10
I generally burn new headphones in overnight, just so I don't get scared by the initial sound (which can sometimes be a little disappointing).

However, with my HP890s, I'm very much enjoying listening to them get better, and better.. and better
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2002 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 10
gloco - isn't that exactly what I've been saying in the prior threads about this?
wink.gif

Leave them on for a week, keep the volume constant @ normal levels, don't blast it when you're not listening to them. Listen to ALL of your music...
I notice you are using your PC as a source. Which headphones are you using? Do you have a dedicated amp yet? If you want the best sound you can get out of your PC, read here (warning, you might end up buying a lot of stuff):
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=7941

Feb 17, 2002 at 7:07 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi Buddha

My hp890 is coming, might a take a week or more.

HP890- $60+
200 Hrs of listening -No cost
Turning HD600 owners envious- Priceless
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Audio&Me

PC at the moment is my exclusive source. My headphones: the less said the better. A cheap Labtec. A consolation is that it is broken (not broken-in
biggrin.gif
) I have I creative live platinum with live drive, already about 15 months old, paid about $200 then. I had read that thread you suggested while I was wandering here. Quite informative. I wish I had read it about 15 months back
mad.gif

Anyway I consolate myself saying creative live is not all that bad as it is made out to be, if you get it running. But I know where to look for my next upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back