Need some recommendations for an upgrade from V-moda crossfades
Dec 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ejwebur

New Head-Fier
Okay, so right away I'm just going to say that I know little to nothing about headphones, or anything audio related for that matter, so please excuse me if I make an complete ass out of myself haha..

So yesterday my boyfriend finally broke his crossfades and he's pretty torn up about it, so I want to surprise him with some new headphones for Xmas. I'm really not sure where to start looking however, so I'd really appreciate any recommendations for ugrades from his old V-moda's. 

I'm not really sure if he has any preferences related to design, other than they should be over the ear. I'm not quite sure of his preferences of sound quality either. I know he doesn't like too much bass, and the music he generally listens to (rap/ hip-hop) should have more clarity than just bass... Also, I'm not sure what the driver size was for the crossfades, but I'd like to buy some with a larger driver, since he usually complains about small drivers. My price range is $90-$270 and any recommendations would be highly appreciated!  

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Haha, surprisingly enough he's mexican. 

Yay, thank you very much for the recommendations! The AudioTechnicas look pretty promising, as he's owned a few pairs of them before, and seems fond of the brand. The AKGs look great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back